I know its a bit early to be thinking of Halloween, but I thought I would make this as Zoella, and a few other you tubers like Mark Ferris have also started shopping and preparing for Halloween so I thought that I would join in!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwXDn3hcBbk – Mark Ferris’ recent halloween video with Zoella!
So, to kick start my halloween blog, I decided to make some spooky cakes which were very far from spooky!! Although, they were delicious! Anyway, lets start from the beginning!! I got this recipe off BBC good food (https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/halloween-cupcakes) and it actually turned out amazing!!
So the ingredients you will need are:
- 200g softened butter
- 300g golden caster sugar
- 200g melted dark chocolate
- 2 medium eggs
- 250g self raising flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder but mixed with 100ml boiling water
- 50g cocoa powder (I used more!!!)
- 200ml milk – I used semi-skimmed
- food colouring if you want – I didn’t personally!
- Decorations of course!!
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and line 12-hole cupcake tins with cases of your choice! I used the halloween ones as this I planned on making these cakes festive!
- Next, add the butter and sugar together in a large bowl and beat together until the mixture is creaming. Then add the melted chocolate and eggs. Gradually add the flour, baking powder and coca powder and gently mix before adding the milk.
- After, spoon the mixture evenly between the cupcake cases and bake for 20 minutes or until the cakes are risen and feel springy. If unsure, get a knife and poke it in the top and if it comes out clean then they are cooked!
- Make sure that the cakes are completely cool before icing otherwise the icing will just melt right off! I used Dr Oetker’s easy swirl cupcake icing in the chocolate flavour to get the best finish I could.
- I then added sprinkles and little chocolate skull faces to make them seem more festive! I hope this recipe helps and I did go off track a bit as I didn’t use the buttercream but this recipe still works wonders!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdJxcbj1axCcVB1LiRV1wEg – Go check it out!! Don’t forgot to like and subscribe and leave comments if you like these videos and would like to see more!
I have done a short video to go with this of steps through the recipe and how I tackled obstacles whilst baking these cakes!! Please bear with as this is the first video I have ever filmed and edited so therefore it may not be the best but please bear with!!!
Thank you so much for all your support! Lauren x x